Located just six miles west of Tulsa, Sand Springs, Oklahoma is a continually flourishing city that preserves its family atmosphere. Sand Springs was founded in 1911 by philanthropist Charles Page, who envisioned it as a haven for orphans and widows. Mr. Page helped Sand Springs develop as a model city with all the components of a total community. The city’s economy is largely focused on small business and has a very active chamber of commerce. Residents are provided with a variety of municipal services, including police and fire protection, cultural events, and parks and recreational activities.