Neither a city nor a town, Prim, Arkansas, is an unincorporated community located in Cleburne County in northern Arkansas. The community sits at the junction of Arkansas Highways 225 and 263 about 9 miles from the closest city, Greers Ferry, AR. The population of Prim is estimated at less than 500 residents, although the greater Cleburne County area is home to more than 26,000. Cleburne County was formed in 1883, making it the last of Arkansas' counties to be established. The county was named for Confederate General Patrick Cleburne, and it is a dry county, which means that the sale of alcohol is prohibited within county lines.
The Cleburne County area is rich with local history, home to more than a dozen locations listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Some of the locations listed on this register include the Brewer School, the Dr. Cyrus F. Crosby House, the Mike Meyer Disfarmer Gravesite, the Old Highway 16 Bridge, and the Woodrow Store. There are also 15 lakes and reservoirs located in Cleburne County, including Bullard Lake, Parish Lake, Greers Ferry Lake, and the Trestle Hole.