East Boothbay is a small town in Lincoln County in the state of Maine. It has a population of 3,120 residents and is a popular location for tourists to visit in the summer. In fact, a large portion of the population does not reside in the town all year round and only return for the summer. Historically, this town was a British fishing station and served as the first tangible sign of European presence. A few families settled the region in 1666, but those inhabitants fled the area during King Philip's War and did not return until 1677. The return was short lived as residents were driven out during King William's War, not returning again for 40 years. The current name was not applied until 1889 though the city was incorporated in 1764. The town spans 71.80 square miles.