The Village of the Branch is a neighborhood within Smithtown, New York which is one of the towns within Nassau and Suffolk County. Although Smithtown was first settled during the 1600s, Village of the Branch wasn't incorporated until 1927. In its beginning, the Village of the Branch was home to about one square mile of land and since 1927 its population has grown from 131 to over 1,895. A large portion of this neighborhood - around 3% - is taken up by water including that from Millers Pond.
It is considered a very historic village with many homes dating back to as early as the late 1600's. The area is home to a golf course, several pools and beaches that area residents can gain access to by getting a permit.