Imogene, Iowa is a small city that is found within the county of Fremont in Iowa. It had a total of 72 occupants during the 2010 consensus. The incorporation of the town of Imogene, Iowa occurred on February 18, 1881 under the ruling of Mayor L.K. Hutton. There were many different episodes that occurred to lead up to this point. The first was when a man purchased 320 acres of land from nearby Zwingle, IA. This man's name was Edgar Faust and he purchased the land for $1,120 in the year of 1874. Soon after this, the town began to build churches, a town hall, and had the railroad incorporated into the city in 1877. Captain Anderson traveled to the city of Sydney and soon held the papers he needed to name the town Imogene. The city was named after his daughter.